Katie Coburn, Kalee Sheperd, Shelby Rowe
UPPER SCIOTO VALLEY- Twelve members of the Ohio Hi-Point/Upper Scioto Valley Satellite FCCLA Chapter competed at the FCCLA Regional Rally in seven different STAR events on Saturday, March 3 at Tri-Rivers Career Center in Marion. STAR events are Students Taking Action with Recognition.
The following juniors and seniors participated and earned bronze, silver or gold. Students who received gold in an event compete at the state level.
• Chapter Service Display, Junior division – Emily Harsh, Lindsey Logan, Brittany Sorrell received bronze
• Recycle and Redesign, Junior division – Bree Mullins received bronze
• Chapter Service Display, Senior division – Maura Greisheimer, Aspen Rose, Morgan Spradlin received silver
• Job Interview, Senior division – Ali Shobe received silver
• Focus on Children, Junior division – Torie Peoples received silver
• Nutrition and Wellness, Junior division – Katie Coburn received gold
• Chapter Showcase Manual, Senior division – Kalee Shepherd and Shelby Rowe received gold
The Ohio FCCLA State Leadership Meeting will take place April 19-20 with the state STAR events competition to take place April 19. Winners at the state level will be eligible to compete at the National FCCLA Convention in Orlando in July.
For more information about the Ohio Hi-Point/Upper Scioto Valley Satellite Family and Consumer Sciences program, visit ohiohipoint.com for more information or contact Deb Baker, Instructor, at